Sunday 4 September 2011

Superdrugs Optimum Super Antioxidant Grape Range

I've been meaning to try out a new eye and night cream for a while now and after hearing all the buzz about these i thought I'd do a little research!

"Nature and science combine to form a powerful anti-ageing range packed with antioxidants.

With PhytoCellTec™ "Solar Vitis" extract, a powerful antioxidant, which helps to strengthen the skin's cells and prevent premature skin ageing."

The hype around this product was due to having the same type of rare red grape ingredient used in a costly £310 sold in Harrods. Obviously this is not the same cream and Superdrug have been able to sell this much cheaper due to making it with cheaper ingredients and packaging.

If you'd like to read the article on it click here.

Now onto my opinions! I have quite dry sensitive skin so finding a product that suits me is a nightmare. I hummed and hawed over these for a little while in the shop since it was a little bit of a risk since the three products added up to £34 in total. But all logic left the window when told about Superdrugs spend £30 get 1000 points offer, I'm a sucker for offers!

The day cream is quite light in texture but is sufficiently thirst quenching for my dry skin. It's got in my opinion quite a strong fruity scent which some people (sadly including me) may not like but it does fade after a little while on the skin. It's light enough for under makeup but on a night out I'd still use my Oilatum as i find it to be a much better base.

The night cream is a slightly thicker consistency but is still not heavy on the skin. I was a little bit worried as the first time i used it it stung a little, but nothing painful. But as i woke up i hadn't reacted to it and my skin felt fine i carried on with it!

The eye cream again is quite light but unlike other eye creams I've tried in the past doesn't really have that nice cooling sensation on the eye. It doesn't feel as luxurious as say the Benefit "It's Potent".


Day Cream - Night Cream - Eye Cream

As only being 21 and only having very slight lines around my eyes i wasn't expecting much. But the prevention phrase basically sold this to me. I'm a little worried (to say the least!) about aging and finding a medium cost prevention skincare system delighted me! Although I've not seen a difference in my skins texture or appearance it's passed the test when it comes to keeping my skin hydrated, which for a product that isn't marketed for that i thought was brilliant! I've been using these for around a month now so i shall keep on with them until they run out, and I'll update this with any changes to my skin.

Would i buy this again? Possibly. But as always I'll still have my eye open for the "perfect" product.

You can buy these in store and online on the Superdrug website here. And although they don't have the 1000 points offer anymore they currently have £2 off each product.


Have you tried the Grape Optimum range? Or any of their range in fact, I'd love to hear how it worked for you!

Thanks for reading.

xox

4 comments:

  1. I've tried the swiss apple range which I really liked as it helped when I got some minor chemical burns on my skin. We've completely sold out of this stuff at work, it's crazy! I'd like to try this one out, but I'm in a similar mindset as you, always looking for the perfect product haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to have a looky at the rest of the range! My local Superdrug said they sold out within 2 days when it was first released which is madness! I love trying new skincare espicially if it stands up against my old favourites :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey you have an awesome blog !!

    Im having a HUGEEE beauty giveaway which ends in about a week, so please make sure you stop by and get your entries in :)

    http://suziemakesyouup.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...