Monday 13 February 2012

Elf Cosmetics - Beauty Clutch

Ello again!

So this is the second part of my Elf palettes review. In a previous post i swatched and reviewed to Elf Pro Mini Palette, if you'd like to see that post click here.

I'd like to reiterate that I was fortunate enough to be sent these as Elf were looking for bloggers to swatch and review these for their swatch gallery. But just because i did not have to pay for these it does not affect my opinion in the slightest. Any review on my blog will feature my 100% honest opinion, including the good and the bad. Now onto the review!
The palette features 32 eyeshadows, a bronzer, two blushes, 6 lip glosses, brow powder and brow gel. The eyeshadows vary in texture and finish and this palette contains a lot less glittery shades than the previous one. The packaging is a little different, like the name implies it resembles a clutch bag. It has a flip top that holds a reasonably sized mirror and the eyeshadows and a slide out drawer that contains the rest of the products. Packaging for me isn't really my cup of tea, although it feels sturdy I'd be a little worried about it breaking in my bag. But that's just me!
The shadows have decent colour pay off throughout, with only having trouble with one or two shades. Like the other palette these are on the slight powdery side, and i did experience some fall out with these. But like i said in my previous review that's not too much of a problem as long as i remember to do my foundation last. Although there are a lot less glittery shades most are on the pearly finish side, which is a plus for me.
Row 1
Row 2
Row 3
This has got to be my favourite row. Just LOOK at that green and purple, gorgeous!
Row 4




The bronzer included is well pigmented but a bit too orange for my pale complexion although this may work well on darker skin tones. The blushes in include a nice peach and pink, they are a little on the sheer side but are easily build able. The highlight was a nice surprise, its a cream/gel like formula and although contains glitter sheers out nicely leaving a more subtle highlight.
As you can see most of the included lip glosses are on the sheer side, apart from the raspberry/red end colour. Glosses in palettes aren't my thing as i generally like to be able to chuck one in my bag. But these apply smoothly and are not very sticky, which is great. They do however have a noticeable artificial smell to them, which is something i dislike.

I unfortunately had a little camera issue when photographing the brow products. The powder is a very warm brown, which i think would be more suitable to redheads, and the gel is a very deep almost black brown. I'll hopefully get some pictures up of these asap.

Priced at £7.50 currently i think this overall is great value for money and i think the eyeshadows alone are worth that price. I look forward to uploading some looks using this palette soon.

If your interested in this you can check it out on the Elf website here.

xox

4 comments:

  1. such pretty colors in the palette, yet i feel I wouldnt be able to wear them all :p Great review! I love elf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shades are so pigmented! It's a beautiful palette

    http://missromanticide.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the 32 piece eyeshadow palette free with a purchase when they did their 12 days of christmas and ashamedly havent even used it but after this post im gna give it a go they look very pigmented did u use a primer in your swatches? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No primer with the swatches, but i did need to use a primer on the eyes. I used UDPP and for the more glittery shades Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy. xox

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...