Wednesday 26 September 2012

theBalm - Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter

My first theBalm purchase!

After my slight disappointment with lightscapade I'd been on the hunt for another highlighter and after being recommended this online i started searching for reviews, just after a few i was sold so started the hunt online. Again its another Feel Unique purchase they had 20% off at the time so i picked this up for £12, which isn't half bad. Although i do think Feel Unique package their cosmetics poorly, the first one i received was smashed to bits! Packaged in a thin Jiffy envelope with minimal padding, a bit stupid really. The second one arrived in the same packaging, but luckily it survived, hurrah!

Now this is my sort of highlighter! You don't need a lot of product to add a gorgeous pearly sheen, but its not at all glittery and i don't find it emphasises my pores too badly either. Its described as a champagne gold, but i think it would work well on most skin tones and it doesn't lean too warm for me. I've been using my Real Technique's contour brush to apply it and I've been loving it! Think Lightscapades actually going back in the stash as i think this is going to have pride of place on my dressing table, its gorgeous!
As per usual, rubbishy swatch but you can see the beautiful sheen it gives to the skin, its just stunning. Overall i think this is a wonderful highlighter, you get a ton of product and at £12 isn't horridly expensive. If you're in the market for a new highlighter, give this one a little try! Hopefully you'll love it as much as me.

Whats your favourite highlighter?

xox

5 comments:

  1. I was eyeing this one! Maybe I should buy it after all ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Dior Amber Diamond best but I use ELF Golden Bronzer as a highlighter because it's similar and vegan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally forgot to check that one out on my holiday!

      Delete
  3. This one looks so lovely! I've bought some expensive ones recently that don't seem to give half as much effect as this! and the packaging looks gorgeous too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...