Wednesday 27 November 2013

Elf HD Blush - Review

Ello Lovelies!

Elf are brilliant for their sales and up until recently I've been very good at resisting them... Well that changed! I took full advantage of one of their recent 50% off sales and got a whopping £60 worth of products (that i don't really need) for a mere £30, considering how cheap Elf is already that means a LOT of stuff! If you've seen my recent Lust List post you would have spotted this little beauty on it, the only thing i actually "needed" from Elf. I previously purchased another, brighter shade and was desperate to get my hands a more wearable option, so here it is in the form of Headliner!

Elf HD Blushes are the copycat version of the MUFE HD ones, but not owning any of them i can't really compare the two, sorry! But after trying these i have no real urge to try the much more expensive option. Liquid blushes with a pump like these get rid of all the ickyness of having to dip your fingers into a pot to apply, just pump out what you like and blend away! I will say they do pump out far too much product, so a lot is wasted but at £3.75 for 10ml I'm really not complaining.

Headliner is one of the more wearable shades of the 5 available and I'm a little bit smitten with it. Its a gorgeous pink that in my opinion leans ever so slightly purple, making it great for fair - mediumish skin tones. These have a velvety smooth texture which is a little drier than all the cream blushes I've tried in the past, but i feel this adds to the wear time of it. They are extremely pigmented so a little bit goes a long, long way! Due to the drier formula they take a little bit more effort to blend than your average cream blush but it's not something that bothers me.
Overall I'm pretty darn pleased with this purchase from Elf. I'd go as far to say that in my opinion these might be the best cream/liquid "drugstore" blushes available on the market. Yep, a bold statement there from me but i really am impressed!

Have you tried Elf's HD blushes?
Let me know what you think!


xox

 

4 comments:

  1. I am normally not a fan of ELF products, but this blush looks fantastic! Besides, for that price you really can't go wrong! :)

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this blush in stores before but I always avoided it because it looked so Barbie pink in the package. From the looks of it this is actually very wearable. Thanks for reviewing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color! I've been eyeing these hd blushes for a while!

    http://ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah!! Sounds like it's definitely something I'm going to be trying.. Thanks for the recommendation!

    HELen

    pierrelecat

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...