Sunday 9 March 2014

January / February Favourites!

Ello Lovelies!

I'm not one for monthly favourites but this year I'm making an effort to make them a bi-monthly occurrence. And the first one would be a tad late... Ooops! I've been changing up my daily stash every week or so to make sure i work through the unloved gems in my collection and these are the things I've been loving the past 2 months!

L'oreal Lumi Magique Foundation - Rose Pearl
This was a new purchase and I reached for it quite a bit over the last month or so. I don't generally have much luck with "drugstore" foundations, but this one is a beauty! Medium coverage with that lit from within glow, really beautiful! I'll be posting a full review soon.

Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment 
A long time ago, i managed to snag the Sephora birthday gift that included two mini Sugar lip balms and I've been hooked ever since. On my trip to London in January I dragged my boyfriend on a mission to find the Fresh store just so i could pick another one of these up. Priced at £18 they are extremely expensive but are honestly the best lip balms I've ever tried!

Benefit Hello Flawless Powder - Shell
I used up a whole one when they were first released and never got round to repurchasing due to having far, far too many powders in my collection. I was lucky enough to get one for Christmas this year. Its a fuller coverage powder that really does give a flawless finish, its up there with my MAC Studio Fix Powder as an all time favourite.

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer - Brightener
Sadly, we can't get this shade in the UK (just like the Radiance shade of Dream Lumi, HMPH!) but i absolutely love it. Perfect for brightening under the eyes and highlighting the face. MAYBELLINE! We need this shade in the UK, K?!
 

Tarte Emphaseyes Brow Pencil - Taupe
This has been so well loved that all the writing has rubbed off. Priced at $19.50 this isn't the cheapest of brow pencils but i absolutely adore it. Its the perfect taupe shade for my blonde hair and has a great little spooley brush on one end for taming them. I'll be interested to see if QVC gets these and their pricing because i fear this is getting near the end.

Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Mascara
As you can see, i love me some Tarte. I was lucky enough to be sent over one of the QVC Tarte TSV's at the end of last year by a lovely lady in a makeup group i am in and it included two of these babies. Like all mascaras, i wasn't a fan at first. But after a few days it really grew on me. It can go clumpy if you aren't careful to wipe off the excess on the brush but it gives amazing volume!

Nars Guy Bourdin Blush Palette
Rather than tease you with something that's no longer available, I'm actually loving one of the permanent shades in this palette. Deep Throat (giggles). Childish behaviour aside, it is a beautiful blush that I've been wearing most days for the last month. A subtle peachy pink that just gives a fresh looking wash of colour!

It was hard to narrow down to just these 7 items but i don't think I've featured any of them in previous favourites so a win for me!

What have you been loving this month?
Let me know!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...