Thursday 14 August 2014

Nyx Butter Gloss - Review

Ello Lovelies!

After my slight disappointment with the Nyx Butter Lipsticks i thought it was about time i posted my thoughts on the now infamous Butter Glosses. As you've probably already seen there has been quite a bit of hype around these and have had gloss fans positively raving about the formula. I should probably start by saying that in general i am not a gloss fan. I've probably enjoyed only a couple of glosses in my time and as I'm more of a matte girl at heart they aren't something i purchase on the regular. That being said i have been experimenting with a glossier lip here and there lately so its not a completely biased opinion.

As always with Nyx products i purchased these from eBay as generally it is still cheaper to ship from the USA than buy direct from the Nyx UK website. I believe i paid around £12 for the three including delivery which isn't a bad price. After a lot of deliberating i opted for more wearable shades but if these don't take your fancy they have a variety of shades, 22 in fact, from bolds to nudes so there is a gloss to suit everyone.
The formula of these really is lovely, a big statement coming from a former gloss hater. They have a decent amount of slip to them without that nasty, sticky feeling that a lot of glosses tend to have. Pigmentation is average but works well for a sheer wash of colour on their own or packs more a punch layered over another lipstick, they've even made the Butter Lipsticks more enjoyable for me. They do however tend to sit in any creases or lines on the lip so i do have to scrub and prime before each use. They have a light, sweet but inoffensive smell too which is quite pleasant, so they get a thumbs up from me in the scent department too!

Peaches and Cream - Maple Blondie - Eclair

I'm surprised to say that overall I'm actually quite enjoying these! Because of their lack of stickiness the wear time isn't fantastic but these are a great "in a rush" lip option and even more surprisingly I've been enjoying layering them over my matte lipsticks... The horror! So if you can get your hands on Nyx's Butter Glosses I'd say go for it, they get a big Makeup Obsession stamp of approval which i think is a first for a gloss!

What is your favourite gloss?

xox

 

8 comments:

  1. I'm not a gloss gal myself but these sound great. Love the look of Eclair! Raspberrykiss xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! These may have converted me with their completely non stickiness! Xo

      Delete
  2. I was never a lip gloss girl but I absolutely love these! I have a few myself, including Eclair and lately I've been wearing them everyday! They smell so good too :) x

    The Sunday Chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to see that nearly everyone is in love with these!! Xo

      Delete
  3. Ooh these sound good for someone like me! haha I prefer matte too but most lip glosses are just TOO much of a pain with the stickiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are probably the non stickiest formula I've tried so far! Xo

      Delete
  4. I'm not usually one to wear lip glosses but these look gorgeous, I love the look of Peaches and Cream!

     Anothergirlyblg  

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...